Recipe of the Month
Here is a taste of one of many delicious recipes that can be found this month with a subscription to At Home's
Enjoy eZine Newsletter.
Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
What better way to celebrate fall than with delicious muffins that combine the wonderful texture of apples with the
warm taste of pumpkin. A simple streusel topping gives them a little something extra.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped Macintosh or Gala apples
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 18 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 cups sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin and oil. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stirring just to moisten.
Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in butter until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Makes 18